The paperwork required for a mortgage doesn’t have to overwhelm you. Putting together your mortgage checklist should be simple and easy. In an effort to help you organize the personal documents you’ll need to obtain a home loan, here’s a list of information that is typically required during the loan process:
- Current pay stubs (most recent 30 days worth of paystubs)
- Tax returns for the past two years including all schedules with any associated W-2’s, K-1’s, or 1099’s
- Bank statements for the past two months (all pages)
- Investment account statements for the past two months (all numbered pages)
- Retirement account statements for the past two months (all numbered pages)
- Copy of driver’s license for all loan applicants
- Divorce decree and marital settlement agreement (if applicable)
- Copy of most recent mortgage account statement for all properties owned
- Home insurance policy information
- Home equity account information (if applicable)
- Copy of Property Tax Bill for the most recent year
- Most recent Homeowners Association (HOA) dues or statements
Your team at MHC Mortgage, LLC is here to help make things simple. To access more helpful resources like your mortgage checklist, check out our Mortgage Learning Center page or get in touch with one of our mortgage professionals today!
Why MHC Mortgage, LLC?
At MHC Mortgage, LLC we believe that the dream of homeownership can be a reality. Our mission is to offer a more focused, customer-oriented home-buying experience. From pre-approval to closing day, we’ll provide the tools and resources to make the home loan process simple and stress-free. As a joint venture with FBC Mortgage, LLC and My Home Communities, we are able to deliver our clients personalized, local service with the support and stability of an established national lender.
Buying a home is one of the most important financial decisions you will make. Understanding mortgages and the home buying process can help make it less stressful, and so can partnering with a mortgage lender you can trust. At MHC Mortgage, LLC, we’re dedicated to helping you finance your dream home.
All information presented is for educational purposes only and not intended as financial advice.
Learn More About Mortgages
Many buyers find that applying for a mortgage can trigger an influx of marketing from other companies trying to win their business. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent this flood of offers from overwhelming you during an already stressful time.